3 - 5 Hours
Up to 1 day
Swim between tectonic plates on this snorkelling tour to Silfra, located in Thingvellir National Park. Clear glacial waters make it easy to see stunning underwater landscapes, while included dry suits help keep you warm throughout the tour. This small-group tour is capped at six people for a more intimate experience and includes optional hotel pickup from Reykjavik.
* Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
* Not recommended for pregnant travellers.
* Not wheelchair accessible.
* No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
* Not recommended for travellers with back problems.
* Participants over the age of 65 need to get a physicians approval.
* A maximum of 6 people per guide.
* Minimum age is 14 years, please reach out regarding younger participants.
* All participants must know how to swim and be comfortable in the water.
* Guests are required to sign a liability release form at the start of the tour.
* From 1. Mar – 30. Oct: 9:00, 12:00 (Pick up starts 75 minutes prior)
* From 1. Nov – 28 Feb: 10:00 & 13:00 (Pick up starts 75 minutes prior)
* Duration 2 – 3 hours without pick up / 4 – 4,5 hours with transport from Reykjavik.
* Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkelling.
* Please note that that dry suits can sometimes feel quite tight and constricting.
* We recommend wearing long thermal underwear and thick wool socks as a base layer under the drysuit.
* All participants must be able to communicate in English.
* Drysuits are worn over your own clothing.
* Recommended to bring a change of clothes and warm undergarments.
* IMPORTANT: If you wish to be picked up from your central Reykjavik hotel or hostel, please provide details of the hotel/hostel in the relevant field at checkout.
* NB! No pick up available for 15:00 tour.
* Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall/maximum 200cm (6’7) tall.
* Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs).
* Most travellers can participate.
* This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
* This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox